Wednesday, October 26, 2011

THEY ARE NO LONGER LOST, I HAVE SENT THEM ON THEIR WAY

Just a quick note to update. Earlier, when I found the photos, I did a search for Henry and Calisa Steinke.  They were the first picture posted when I started this blog.   I found the couple on a tree on Ancestry.   I wrote to the trees owner and after a few emails I have sent them on their way.

I got a note from him and the family, they were excited, especially his mother in law, because she was able to identify  several members of her family.  He said he will keep in touch and give me the final results.   It is really good  to make someones family history with pictures that were found.

I told him that I think that anyone with an interest and working knowledge of Genealogy, would look and hope to find the family for the photos.

3 comments:

  1. Always love to hear reunion stories, I had my first reunion on my blog also with a box of photos. :) They are now with the subject's daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the ancestors smile on us when we reunite them with their families. I Look forward to seeing more stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed looking at the photos you've posted. I'm so glad this one found its way to family. What a nice thing for you to do!

    ReplyDelete